Thursday, February 17, 2011

Education in the Digital Age

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/19/magazine/19video-t.html?pagewanted=1

As I read this article I was excited by the idea that video games in the classroom can stimulate learning. I wholeheartedly agree with the teacher in this article, these days children are technologically savvy and if a teacher can find a tool that will keep children interested he should use it. The children are not just playing videos, they are learning also, they are writing programs and are learning game design by creating games. It's hard to keep the attention of the students, with all the cell phones and ipods and other technology out there. For example that kid Kai, this was perfect for him, he seemed to be very interested in video games and technology.  Just looking at the picture of those students, you can see they are totally engrossed in the screen. So in response to video games in the classroom, I say go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment